What is Magento
Now that you have a better understanding of eCommerce overall, you will want to learn more about the eCommerce platform called Magento Commerce. Magento Commerce is a platform designed specifically to cater to those business owners who wish to sell their products or services online. This product is designed to offer flexibility in a number of ways. Some of the standard specifications of a Magento Commerce product would include the following:
- Open source platform – you will not be tied down to one company or operating system to make use of this software.
- User control over such things as website online catalog and online storefronts.
- Designed for eCommerce businesses from medium to large in size.
- Options and tools for marketing promotions.
- Easy search engine optimization.
- Multiple image product pages with zoom.
- International options for language and currency accepted.
- Flexible shipping controls.
- Easy to use order management tools.
- A dashboard that includes analytics for site details.
- Supports multiple storefronts.
- Layered navigation for better customer experience.
- Optimized for mobile commerce browsers including iPhone.
- Integrated checkout system.
- Support for a variety of payment options.
- Support for customer accounts for easy reorders and order history.
There is a variety of products offered through Magento Commerce so that each online business can tailor their software to their own online needs.